Wednesday, September 7, 2016

The Show Must Go On!

I'm back with some more of the great new Circus images from Scrapper's Delights. As soon as Janice posted these ponies on the DT page I begged her to let me work with them! And she was so sweet, she let me, haha! 

My girls have birthdays coming up in November, I know, a long way from now, but I like to work ahead. I knew the girls would love these pony images since they are huge fans of  My Little Pony.


I kept the cards very similar since they will have their Birthday Celebration all together, but I made each of the ponies different based on their favorite colors. 

The card bases were cut on the Silhouette and the background papers are from Michael's. Earlier this year I was at a retreat and my friend Regina gave me a card. It had this paper on it and I kind of went nuts! She told me where she got it and I told her we had to go look for some. So we left the retreat, which was at a Scrapbooking store, to go to Michael's. We took 2 other friends and it was quite an adventure. But we found the paper. Regina was so funny, she grabbed the WHOLE stack of it off the shelf and was like "Here, Mari!". Like I was going to buy all of it, ha ha. I bought a few sheets, but left some for other customers too. 


This first one is for Lily. I used the image Circus Pony Bethany. Lily is my girly girl, She loves pink and princess dresses. She also likes blue a lot, so I made a her a pink pony with blue accents. 


Next is the one I made for Madison. I used Circus Pony Kira on this one.  Her favorite color is blue. It's been blue since she could say blue. After I colored this I realized I actually made it the colors of her favorite My Little Pony character. Total Happy accident. I love that ribbon I used on hers. It's just one of those little $.99 spools from Hobby Lobby that they have half off all the time. I love collecting those little things. 


And last but not least, Sophie. She got Circus Pony Ava. Her favorite favorite color is yellow. But sometimes she really likes blue, or green, or red, or white, or black, but never pink. So I made her pony yellow with a Rainbow mane, I think she'll love it. 

I am very pleased with how these turned out. All of the ponies were colored with Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers.

---

Alcohol Markers used:

Madison's : TB9 TB8 TB5 BT7 IB3 IB2 GG2 GG1 CG2 PL5 PL3 PL2 CR2 CR1
Lily's: CR11 CR8 CR7 CR5 CR3 CR2 CR1 LG2 TB8 TB5 BG6
Sophie's: CR11 CR8 CR7 GB5 GB3 CT4 CT2 LY2 TB8TB5 DG3 CG4 CG2

I would like to enter these cards in the following challenges:

8 comments:

  1. These are super, super cute and colored beautifully..fabulous use of the ribbons, too, your girls will love them! Thank you for joining our 'ribbons' challenge at The Sisterhood!
    Diane TSH DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are FABULOUS and the girls are going to squeal in delight when they see them! Awesome coloring and design!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘RIBBONS’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cards are great :D love the vibrant colours thank you for helping me out

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fabulous! Thanks for linking up at Sunny Day Crafting.
    ~DT Janis

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a darling array of cards. love those images.Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Creations Challenges for our latest challenge. Good luck and join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara {Crafty Creations Challenges}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Thanks for joining the challenge here at Crafting from the Heart, good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet cards! Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion Challenges.Hope to see you again next week. Hugs, Valentina DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! It means so much to me that you came to visit. Leave a comment, I love to hear from you.