Tuesday, July 5, 2016

90th Birthday Celebrations!

Last weekend we celebrating some big birthdays. TWO 90th Birthdays! 

These are the cards I made for the Birthday Boys. The image is Party Hat Birdbrain by From the Heart Stamps.  



I colored both cards the same, with Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers. I added some fun papers as the balloons and I inked and embossed the blue card base to make it a little more interesting.  I inked around the edges of the colored image with Pear Tart & Bahama Blue Memento inks. 

Below is a picture of most of my family with my Grandpa. We're missing my oldest and a few cousins who arrived a little later. It was so fun getting together with them. They live out of state (except for Grandpa, he's here) and we don't get the chance to be together that much.  I love that my kids get to have a Great-Grandpa  and he just adores my kids. It's so fun to see. OK, enough with the mushy stuff, lol.




Spectrum Noir Markers used on this card :  GB5 GB3 CT2 LY2 DG3 DG2 LG5 CG2 BT6 BT7 IB3 IB2 BT1 



11 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...these are so very adorable! I love the image and the papers you used! It is so amazing that you had two 90th birthdays. How wonderful for your children. Thanks for joining us at CWWC. I am so sorry to say that you have entered too many challenges to be eligible for our prize. There are still a few days left to join in. I do hope you will share your talent with us again. These are fabulous cards! Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just fabulous! I love the colors and images! Happy Birthday to your two fellas! And thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet cards!
    Thanks for joining us at Card and Scrap :)
    DT Mette

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha! these are so funky and fun :) thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a funny card. Beautful painting.
    Thanks for joining us at Card and Scrap.
    DT Ellenor Monica.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun birthday card. Thanks for joining us at The Crafter's Cafe this fortnight for our "Things with Wings" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute card, thanks for sharing with Crafting from the Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your birds are adorable. Love your coloring on them. Thanks for joining us at Cards in Envy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute cards! Love the color combo and design! Thank you for joining our Great Impressions Challenge this month, and I hope you to see you next month.
    Ruza ~ GI DTC
    Ruza's Craft Corner

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks great....very cute with the bird....
    Thanx for joining us at Paradise of Stamps.
    xxx Plony

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! It means so much to me that you came to visit. Leave a comment, I love to hear from you.