Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Stay Cool


I made this fun see through pocket card for my son who just finished up the 4th Grade. Can't believe I officially have a Middle Schooler now!  He had a really great school year and got a lot of awards at the 4th Grade Graduation. (Sorry if I'm braggin- I am one proud Momma!)  I wanted to make him a little something to say I was proud of him. 


I used the fuse tool to create the pocket out of a regular page protector. I had cut it down to about 4x5.25 inches so that it would fit in an A2 envelope.  The ice-cream image is from the Ice Cream Lineup stamp by From the Heart Stamps.  


I printed the image in a large size and a smaller size to go inside the pocket. I colored all of them with Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers. Zach's favorite color is orange and when we go for ice-cream he alwys gets orange sherbert. So I used a lot of orange. 

I colored the sentiment to look ombre and then added some crystal glitter to just the bottom half. I thought it would look frozen or something. I don't really know if it worked too well. But a little glitter never hurt anyone, so there it is.  The final touch was a coin from our local ice-cream shop, good for one free ice-cream come. Or sherbert. Then I sealed the last side. He'll be mad that he can't the coin out! Haha. We'll have to carefully cut it open and seal it back up. 



I would like to enter this card in the following challenges: 

10 comments:

  1. Oh how fun AND yummy...i imagine he just loved it!! Thank you for joining our challenge at 'The Sisterhood'!
    Diane TSH DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL ... OH YES ... my kind of summer time fun ... a big bowl of yummy ice cream! This is awesome Mari! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘SUMER TIME FUN’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your son had to be proud to wear this lovely pocket tag. This is so cute. Thanks for sharing over at Inspiration Destination.
    Billie A
    Inspiration Destination
    Catch the bug
    Creative with Stamps
    Aud Sentiments

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a FUN and COOL pocket Card, Mari.´I also like the matching envelope.

    Thanks for joining our FREE Stamp of the Month June Challenge @ From the Heart Stamps !!

    Imke ~ My Crafty Place

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH MY.....my what a fun idea!! And your coloring is awesome!

    Thanks for joining us for our Stamp of the Month Challenge @ From The Heart Stamps!! Hope to see you back again next month :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant idea!
    Thanks for joining us at Craft your passion challenges.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there, Mari! This is FABULOUS! I would love to have you share this with us at these two challenge blogs. They're both always Anything Goes, and you can win some awesome prizes at both challenges. I really hope that you will stop by and link up with us.
    Karen Letchworth, Challenge Coordinator
    Word Art Wednesday
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
    AND
    CropStop
    www.cropstop.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, wow! This is so much fun! What a great idea! I love it! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that's different! Cute idea for a card! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your son's accomplishments and kudos on one great card! Thanks for joining us at Cards in Envy. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! It means so much to me that you came to visit. Leave a comment, I love to hear from you.