Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Thank You Teacher {Teacher Appreciation Part 1}

Hello! It's Teacher Appreciation Week and I spent most of the weekend working on cards and gifts for my kids' teachers. Next year I definitely need to start earlier! But I managed to get some really great things made. 

First up is the card I made for Mr. D, Zach's Science Teacher.  I used the image Mad Scientist Tobie by Some Odd Girl. That is actually a magnet that can be removed from the card. 


I colored the image with Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers and then adhered it some adhesive magnet paper which I had cut on the Silhouette. After that I coated it in Glossy Accents and let it dry overnight. I used some dimensional foam squares to attach it to the card, I think these should come off the magnet easily so he can use it. 

Here is how the card looks without the magnet attached:


And a closer look at the magnet: 


Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers Used: 
FS2 FS4 FS9 TN4 GB10 GB9 GB6 CT2 CT1 LY1 CR2 CR1 FL3 IG10 IG7 IG3 IG1 
TRUE BLACK DG3 CG4 LG5 IB2 BT1

8 comments:

  1. Totally weird and stunning - what an embellishment! SO glad you joined us at COme And Get It challenges, CarolG & DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great gift idea. TFS with Lost Coast Design Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great teachers card. The glow of the yellow substance reflected on his face and arm is awesome. And love how the magnet detaches. Thanks for linking up to the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun is this! Love the brains in the jar! Thanks for joining us over at the DoubleClick Skittles Challenge! DT Member Carri~Abusybee Skittles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our LEMON SHORTBREAD challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!! Have a great crafty day!!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant idea and love the images, I think he'll love it. Thank you for joining us at Lost Coast Portal To Creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh Beautiful Card! Congratulations!!! Thanks for sharing with us in RETARTE of Stampartpapel..Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great card. I love it. Thanks for joining us at Our Crafty Corner.

    Deni Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! It means so much to me that you came to visit. Leave a comment, I love to hear from you.