Friday, May 27, 2016

Steampunk Style With Scrapper's Delights {Freebie Friday}


There are some really, really great new releases coming to  Scrapper's Delights this weekend. They all have a Steampunk theme, and we have a little preview with the new Freebie Friday image! 

 I absolutely love Steampunk so I was so excited when I saw what Janice had drawn.  I was lucky enough to get a chance to create a few projects for the release this weekend. 

***

The Freebie Friday image is the Steampunk Pocket Watch. I knew I wanted to make some Father's Day Cards with this one. I also knew I wanted to use this awesome Tim Holtz embossing folder. My first step was to emboss some white cardstock.  

Then I got out my Perfect Pearls. I have had them since last Christmas, so over a year now, and never even opened them! This seemed like the perfect project to test them out on. I used two different color combinations to make two different cards.


Once I had these done I was able to pick out my marker colors. Once again I used the Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers. 


For this one I used GG5 GG4 GB10 GB8 EB2 BG2 BG1 

To make the gears I cut the shapes on the Silhouette Machine out of the same cardstock I used on the base of the card. Before I cut them I sprayed the paper with various colors of Lindy's Stamp Gang Mists and let it dry. I love how they turned out. 


For this one I colored with: BG2 BG1 TN9 TN8 TN7 GG5 GG4 

Be sure to stop by the Scrapper's Delights Store tomorrow to see all the new releases and there will also be 2 blog hops this weekend as well, and you won't want to miss those!

This Freebie Friday image is available as part of the Facebook Progressive challenge. 

Thanks for visiting! I hope you'll stop back tomorrow and Sunday for the blog hops! 




12 comments:

  1. Such great cards and love all the texture and the shimmer from the perfect pearls. Thank you so much for playing in our Funday Friday challenge this week! Hope you have a great Memorial Day weekend and Holiday!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    ♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUPERB! Love the use of embossing folders! Perfect Father's Day card! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo cool! I love your embossed background! :)
    Thanks a lot for playing with us at Fussy and Fancy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, A beautiful project!! Love all the embellishments which fit together perfectly. Thank you for joining us at A Beautiful Mess good luck. We hope to see you again for our next challenge.

    Crafty Hugs Jen (DT/Owner)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are perfect masculine cards! That embossing folder is fabulous and definitely goes with this new image. Thanks for playing with Jo's Scrap Shack.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the background! So cool and vintage-y card! :) :)
    Thank you so much for playing along with us at Craft for the craic this month! :)
    Suchi- DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards. I love how you did the background. Thanks for sharing with us over Inspiration Destination. Good luck!!! Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card with your design and do love steampunk. Thank you for joining us at Fussy and Fancy Friday. Good luck in draw...Hugs Lozzy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colour, texture and dimension on this card. You have used some fabulous techniques to achieve this effect.
    Great to have you joining in the fun at CRAFT challenge this week.
    Hugs Sheryl DT member xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. These cards are amazing!! Love how you've combined so many steampunk elements, and how you've "dressed" up the gears....they look quite realistic :) Thanks for playing along with us at CRAFT this week!
    Susan - DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving the distressed look and the textures you used but that watch looks like you can reach out and grab it. Thank you so much for joining us at Creative Knockouts Anything Goes Challenge.

    Tamie DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love Love it. Love steampunk. Great job. Thanks for joining us over at Jos for Funday Friday Challenges.

    Amanda DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! It means so much to me that you came to visit. Leave a comment, I love to hear from you.