Sunday, May 8, 2016

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms, Mommas, Mommys, Mommys to Be, Hope to Be Moms and Furbaby Moms!  Of course, the Happiest Mother's Day to my Mom! And my Mother-in-Law. I seriously don't know what I would do without them.

I wanted to share the card I made for my mom this year and the gifts the kids and I made. 

I used the stamp set called Everything Happens to be Wonderful by Unity Stamp Company. I made a mask so I could stamp the flower repeatedly around the edge. 


I colored the flowers with Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers and used a white paint pen to add some details around the flowers. 


I stamped the sentiment on a piece of vellum and cut out some little banners. I hand stitched those onto the card.



Spectrum Noir Markers Used: LV3 PL4 PL3 PL2 CR8 PP5 PP4 PP2 TN6 

For the gifts the kids and I searched Pinterest. We found these cute photo frames made from Washi Tape and popsicle sticks. Lily was a big help in picking out the Washi Tapes and Deacon helped with the photos. The other kids weren't that interestd in actually making the presents once we picked them out. 

This is the one we made for my Mother-in-Law.


And we made this one for my mom. She took the girls to Disney last year so Lily was thrilled when she saw all the Mickey Mouse tape I had.


We put magnets on the backs so they could be hung on the fridge. I think they came out so cute! Now we need to get some more popsicle sticks so I can make one for myself. Or maybe I should have the hubby and the kids make it for me! 

19 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, fabulous stamping and colours and lovely design. Love the fridge magnets too...great idea for a gift! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colors and design, Mari! It really pops on the kraft base. Thanks so much for sharing with Stella Says Sketch at Catch the Bug this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mari, Lovely Mothers day card, Love the flowers and how you have kept the rest of the card CAS is great. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Friends and good luck in the draw. Jennifer DT member x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful flowers, love how you have coloured them, such pretty colours.Thank you so much for sharing with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. Hope to see you again and good luck in the draw. Jennifer DT member

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really pretty card it's gorgeous thanks for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin hugs Sue J x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very pretty floral creation Mari and a really elegant design on the Kraft card, many thanks for joining in at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    I have some Tattered Lace candy here

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card and colours are so vibrant also like the effect of kraft card thanks for joining Glitter N Sparkle
    MaggieH DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty floral card, I am so glad you could join our "in the Garden" challenge at Crafty friends, hugs Blankina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Thank you for participating in the Sweet Stampin’ “May Flowers” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such lovely bright colours and great design. Thank you for joining us at Scrappers Delights. Helen DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty card with lovely flowers

    Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for joining Crafty Friends 'In the Garden 'challenge with your lovely card… Good luck in the draw and hope you will join us for our next challenge… Diane Louise (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous project.. Thank you so much for sharing your gorgeous project with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends challenge #33.. Hope to see you again in our next challenge.. And Good Luck at the draw.. <3

    hugs,
    ~RoRa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card, I love the clean and simple elegance of this card and the added white liner works beautifully

    Thank you for joining in at the Scrapper's Delights Challenge Blog. - MsWipz

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card...love the colors and stamp. Thank you for joining us at Scrapper's Delights "Anything Goes" Challenge. http://scrappers-delights-challenge-blog.blogspot.co.uk. Jane CDT

    ReplyDelete
  16. A bit of a stretch of our sketch, but nonetheless beautiful! thanks for sharing this lovely creation in our Stella Says Sketch challenge this month. Please join us again soon!
    Love
    Jen Leeflang
    Bugaboo DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. HI!! So great to have you join the Bugaboo fun! Miss having you on the team! Boy, it looks like your munchkins are growing like weeds!! Livy will be 21 months old the middle of this month and we're still trying to figure out where the time has gone!! What a joy she is to have in our lives! Not sure how we lived without her!

    Thanks so much for joining the May Stella Says Sketch challenge with Bugaboo Stamps/Catch The Bug! We hope you'll join us this week for our new Anything Goes Challenge as well as our Stella Says Sketch June Challenge!
    Hugs & Happy Days!
    Min

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely Card, thanks for sharing it with us in the Brown Sugar Challenge, Karen Dt

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! It means so much to me that you came to visit. Leave a comment, I love to hear from you.