Friday, January 15, 2016

Get Well Wishes & A Special Thank You Too

Today I just wanted to share a couple of cards I made last week while my oldest was in the hospital for a ruptured appendix. 

The first one is a card I made for him. I used two of my favorite images from Some Odd Girl. I used Pajama King Tobie and Sweater Pup.  My son's favorite color is orange so I added a lot of orange to the card. I wanted it be bright and cheerful so the bright, almost neon green really did the trick. 


This next card is one that I made to give to the nurses that took such good care of him while he was at the hospital. They were all so nice and did such a great job with him. I used the image Super Mae, also from Some Odd Girl.

Again, I used orange. Since the card was to be from Zach I wanted to use his favorite color. I had a hard time deciding what color to use with it and ended up going with black, which added the challenge of not making it look like a Halloween card. I think I succeeded. I added some ribbon and rhinestones and lots of patterned papers from my stash. The nurses loved it and hung it right up in the nurses station so that all of his nurses from the week would be able to see it. 


Both cards were colored with Spectrum Noir Markers. Here are the colors I used: 

Mae Card: FS2 FS4 FS9 TN4 EB5 TN7 TN5 OR3 OR2 GB3 IG10 IG8 IG6 EB3 EB2 Clear Sparkle Pen, Black Diamond Stickles

Tobie Card: FS2 FS4 FS9 TN4 TB5 TB3 EB3 EB2 EB1 EB5 TN7 TN5 OR3 OR2 GB3 CR1 DG3 CG2 CG1 IG8 IG6 IG5 IG3


I would like to enter the Mae Card in the Some Odd Girl Linky Party as well as in the following challenges:



And I would like to enter the Tobie card in the following challenges:






8 comments:

  1. Both are fantastic cards! I'm so glad your oldest is doing well. What a great idea to give his nurses a card! Beautiful coloring & great paper choices! Thanks for joining our QKR Stampede weekly challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bright and cheerful card with the boy and dog - great "happy" colors! Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Suzy Bee's Bloomin challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards! Thanks for joining us at PDE Linky Party.
    I hope you’ll come link up again soon!
    Janis, Owner & DT Member
    Pause Dream Enjoy
    PDE Linky Party, Owner & DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such adorable cards- very sweet of you. I hope your kiddo is better soon. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafting With Friends.
    Amy-DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards. They have lovely colours and the one for the nurses will be greatly appreciated I'm sure. It's lovely you have taken the time to make them a card. I hope your son is on the mend. Thank you for sharing your creation with us at PDE Linky Party. Beckie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards and so cute and fun. Thanks for joining us this week at QKR Stamped. Karal DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Superfun images and cool cards. Love your coloring! :) Thanks for sharing your creations with us at Creative Fingers & Welcome back! So sorry to be late commenting! Migraines got in the way ♥ DT Tindaloo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards, lovely bright colours and fantastic image choices. Thank you for sharing this with us over at Crafting with an Attitude. Sue DT x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! It means so much to me that you came to visit. Leave a comment, I love to hear from you.