Wednesday, December 23, 2015

The 12 Tags of Christmas with Scrapper's Delights {Bonus: Tutorial}




Today I am sharing the tag I made for the Scrapper's Delights 12 Tags of Christmas. This tag can also be used as an ornament after the gift is opened.  I made this using the Fuse tool and a plain page protector. 

I have a little tutorial on how I made this tag. I used the image Willie - Snow Angel from Scrapper's Delights. 

The first thing I did was open the image in the Silhouette Studio and used the trace tool to create a cut line around the image. I then used the Mirror option to duplicate the image. This way I could glue the 2 peices together so you would be able to see the penguin on both sides of the tag. 


After I cut the images on the Silhouette I colored them with Spectrum Noir Markers. Then I adhered the backs of the pieces together to create the two-sided image that would go inside the tag. I used Liquitex clear gloss gel to adhere the pieces, but any glue would work. I like to use the gloss gel for things like this because I am able to get a nice smooth, even coat and it holds really well. 



Next I traced the shape of the tag around the image on the page protector. 


I used the fuse tool and followed the trace lines, leaving an opening with enough room to add the sequins and the colored image. 


After I had the 2 layers fused together (with the opening still there) I cut just between the fuse line and the pen line.  Then I added the sequins and the image and fused the opening closed. 


The final step was to punch a hole in the top and add a string or ribbon for hanging. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! It means so much to me that you came to visit. Leave a comment, I love to hear from you.