Sunday, December 13, 2015

The 12 Tags of Christmas {Bonus: Tutorial}

It's my turn to share a Christmas tag with you for the Scrapper's Delights 12 Tags of Christmas. My tag could also be used as an Ornament after the gift giving. 

Here is the tag I made with the image Anna Mae Season's Greetings from Scrapper's Delights. 

And here is a tutorial so you can make some of these for your Christmas gifts too. 

STEP 1: Open the image in the Silhouette Studio, Use the trace feature and the offset feature to create an outline of the image. Add a small crcle to top of the image outline, overlapping them slightly. Merge these two objects and then place a smaller circle in the center of the first circle, this will be the are to add your string or ribbon, 

STEP 2: Align your image with the outline and then resize the objects to your desired size. Duplicate the outline to create the layers, the more layers the thicker the tag. I like to use about 6-8 layers.


STEP 3: Place the image back into one of the outlines. Print and cut the image and all the additional layers. 


Once you have all your layers cut out, you'll need to glue them together. Be sure to color the top layer before adhering it to the rest of the layers. 


Any glue will work, but when I'm doing this type of project I like to use Liquitex Clear Gloss Gel. I just apply it with a paintbrush, it gives a nice smooth bond between the layers. 




After gluing on the top layer, I like to add a little bit of the gloss around the edges to seal them, it just helps to keep the layers from peeling apart. 



Coat the entire surface with Glossy Accents and let it dry over night.  Apply a layer of Glossy Accents to the back once the front has dried. I also like to coat the back with glitter, but that's up to you. After that dries, I spray a clear sealant over the glitter to keep it from flaking off later on. 


Tie a ribbon through and add your tag to your gift.  

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and have fun making your own layered tags. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! It means so much to me that you came to visit. Leave a comment, I love to hear from you.