Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Rock The 4th Grade

I was a little baffled when I went to make the beginning of the year gift for Zach's teacher this year. You see, he has a male teacher this year. I usually make a cute set of note cards for the teachers but Mr. D just didn't strike me as the cute note card type. 

So we settled on a Dunkin Donuts giftcard instead. Of course, I still needed a card to put the gift in. I was lost on what image to use. So I reached out to my Kit and Clowder friends and they all suggested Mo Manning. I had never looked at her shop, but I trusted my Clowdies and they certainly came through for me!

It was hard to decide on an image, but I did eventually. I went with the Air Guitar image. 


I colored the image with my Spectrum Noir markers (pin-able palette below). The patterned papers are leftover from last year. I printed and cut the sentiment with Silhouette Studio. I was going to put stars on this, but Mr. D is the science teacher so I thought these little atoms would be more fun, they are also from the Silhouette Studio, as is the Back to School sentiment.  I was really pleased with how this card turned out, especially since it started with me having not a clue what I was going to do. 




Here is the pin-able color palette.

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:




10 comments:

  1. Oh Wow, I love this. What kid wouldn't love this and give them the excitement of going back to school. Great card. Great coloring and wonderful layout. thank you for sharing this. Hugs Cathy K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, very cool card! That rocks!!!! Great colouring as well and I like the planets a lot. Thank you for joining Tuesday Throwdown this week. Creative regards from stempelfrida

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brill back to school card, love the image and your colour choice xx thanks for sharing at Glitter n Sparkle Chris DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a brill back to school card, love the image and your colour choice, thanks for sharing at Glitter n Sparkle Chris DT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous Back to School card. Thank you for sharing with us at Dream Valley Challenge. Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, love the image. Thank you for joining us at Crafting from the Heart.

    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job!!!!!!! It's a beautiful card.
    Thanks for joining us at Retarte 60 in Stampartpapel. Good luck!
    Maria Pilar (Stampartpapel DT)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great BACK TO SCHOOL themed card. Very nice coloring and embellishments. Thanks for joining us at the ROBYN'S FETISH CHALLENGE this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Es una tarjeta super divertida y colorida! gracias por participar con nosotras en Retarte de Stampartpapel...Feliz semana! Paula, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful card, I love the idea!!! Thanks for play on Retarte, we hope to see you next time! Vilma-DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! It means so much to me that you came to visit. Leave a comment, I love to hear from you.