Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Madison's First Mixed Media Project




Today I am sharing a project made my Madison. Yes, I helped a little, but the design, colors, etc. were all her. I did as little as I could.

This week is her last Speech Therapy session. She has been working with Miss Kris for a year and a half now and she really likes her. Not one time did Madison complain about going to speech. Miss Kris was really great with her and made the whole thing a really good experience for Madison. And she made great progress with Madison's speech too.

We will really miss Miss Kris, so we wanted to make her a little "Thank You/ We'll Miss You" present.

We found this little chalkboard at Target in their new craft section (they have some really cool stuff now!). It was just plain white when we bought it. 

We painted it with Gesso and then we used some modeling paste and stencils to add the textures to it. We sprayed it with some Lindy's Stamp Gang Sprays- she thought those were so cool! I colored the image from Saturated Canary. Miss Kris like cats and the color blue so that's how I chose the iamge. Madison glued all the little bits on where she wanted them and the last step was to paint on some metallic paint to make the little bits really stand out. 

I think Madison did a great job and I hope Miss Kris loves her gift! 


Here's a closer look at the image I colored. I used my Spectrum Noir markers on her and cut her out on the Silhouette. I cut a bunch of the outlines out and glued them together to make it thicker and sturdier. I then coated the entire thing with clear gloss gel. I made sure to really seal in the sides good so that the layers won't peel apart. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! It means so much to me that you came to visit. Leave a comment, I love to hear from you.