Friday, June 26, 2015

Kit and Clowder Retreat- Orlando


This past weekend I was so lucky to get to attend the Kit and Clowder  Retreat in Orlando, Florida. It was an amazing experience, words cannot express how wonderful it was. I met some amazing women and made some great new friends. It was so much more than just a coloring event. It was just... amazing.  

In order to go to the retreat I had to overcome some fears. Number one on the list was flying. Until this I had sworn I would NEVER fly again. But this was an opportunity I just could not pass up. So as hard as it was, I got on a plane. And you know what, it wasn't that bad. I'm not afraid to fly anymore. And that opens up a whole lot of possibilities for future vacations. 


My second fear was travelling somewhere new all alone and spending a whole weekend with people I didn't know. But that fear vanished as soon as I met some of the other women. Everyone was so so so nice and we all bonded instantly, it felt like we had known each other forever. I have never felt so comfortable with a group of people before. 



We had a lot of fun chatting, goofing around and even managed to get a little crafting done too. We got awesome goodie bags with items from sponsors like Polkadoodles, Saturated Canary, La La Land Crafts, Live and Love Crafts, Canson, The Greeting Farm, The Paper Temptress, Whimsy Stamps and I know I am forgetting some but I will add them in later when I can remember them all! 





We also had a really fun pajama party, we all dressed in our favorite or cutest pajamas and did a few more crafts, did our nails and just had a really good time. 



It was a really great weekend and I think we are all ready to plan the reunion retreat already. This weekend was not just about coloring and crafting. It was about creating friendships that will last forever. I could not believe how hard it was to say Good-bye to some of these women. There were more than a few tears and lots of hugs, and then maybe some more tears. It just really amazes how so many people from all different places can share such a strong bond, and it's all because of Alyce. She created Kit and Clowder. She wanted to create a community, not just a group, but a real community where we all could be ourselves and share and laugh and cry. And she did that. I will never forget this weekend and can't wait to see these ladies again, soon I hope!

A Big Thank You to Alyce for putting this weekend together. And to all my new friends. I Miss You! and can't wait until we can get together again! 


*Not all of these photos were taken by me. You can see LOTS more photos and read more about the retreat and the Kit and Clowder Community and coloring classes in the Kit and Clowder Facebook Group


     
             



5 comments:

  1. Mari this is an awesome post. We all did have an amazing time at Retreat and made some "forever friends". You are a brave gal. I don't do planes either and look at you. You did it!!!!! Congratulations!!!!! Pat Jaynes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful description of the weekend from a beautiful person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this post! You summed the weekend up beautifully my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an endearing blog post. I feel the same way about the ladies at this retreat! I too had a wonderful learning experience and gaining wonderful friends! I had such a blast w/ you at HPW! Thank care and we will have K&C!
    Peace,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mari, as I read your blog I smiled, then laughed, then cried again. I too was really nervous about spending the weekend with so many strangers, but within minutes of arriving I knew I was among friends. �� Thank you Alyce for believing in us, for encouraging us, and for creating this amazing community. XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! It means so much to me that you came to visit. Leave a comment, I love to hear from you.