Sunday, June 14, 2015

Happy Father's Day


It's my day to share an Inky Pinky creation, and I have another Father's Day card for you. This time I used the digi image Fishing from the Work and Play 7 Collection.



I really had a lot of fun coloring this one and was SO happy it came out just the way I had hoped. I used some techniques I learned in the Kit and Clowder Create and Learn Classes to make the sunrise sky. Even though I used markers I applied some of the things I learned in the Pencils class.  I was also really pleased with how the dock turned out. I have to admit I just sat there looking at it for a few minutes, very proud of myself. (Yes, I am a dork, but we already know this) 


I colred him with my Spectrum Noir markers (colors listed below) and then I just kept the card pretty simple when I put it all together. The image was so detailed, I didn't really feel the card needed a whole lot more, especially since it's a 'guy' card. I used some dark cardstock for the background, and added some hemp twine and a very simple sentiment. 




SN MARKERS USED: SKIN FS2 FS4 FS9 TN2 TN3 HAIR EB5 TN7 GB9 CLOTHES GB9 EB2 EB1 TB4 TB1 IG10 IG8 IG5 IG4 DOCK EB5 GB7 GB9 SKY TN6 OR1 GB3 CT4 CT1 OTHER CG4 LG5 LG4 DR7 DR6 DR4

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

A Gem of A Challenge: Something Blue
Crazy 4 Challenges: Masculine
Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers: D is for Dudes
Suzy Bee's: Anything Goes/ Make it Male
Creative Corner: Just for Boys
Jo's Scrap Shack: Father's Day
Left of Center: For the Boys
Polkadoodle: Father's Day

Thanks for stopping by and if you haven't joined yet, head on over to the Inky Pinkies Facebook Group. 


11 comments:

  1. Super cute card!! Thanks for joining the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers for our "D is for Dudes" challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and fabulous colouring. Thanks for joining us for our Father's Day/Anything Male Polkadoodles Challenge

    Karon DT, Polkadoodles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Left of Center Challenge. Good Luck..Genny DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing wrong with taking a moment to admire your own work! :) It really is a fab colouring job. Sweet card, too. Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful coloring. I don't think its dorky to admire your work when you've done a fabulous job. Thanks for joining us for the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers "D" is for Dudes challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy Crow! Look at that amazeballs coloring job!!! I'd be admiring this and petting the card too! LOL! Thanks for joining us at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this card is gorgeous! The coloring and blending is beautiful! Lovely card. Thanks for playing in our Father's day challenge at Jo's Funday Friday challenges!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    ♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautifully coloured and I love the shape! thank you for joining in the fun this fortnight with our Fathers day/ Male challenge http://polkadoodle.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/week-23-fathers-dayanything-male.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. super cute card :) Thanks for playing in the challenge at Jo's Funday Friday challenges :)
    Tina DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice card :-) Thank you for joining us in CCC.
    Hugs from Therese, Creative Corner DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! It means so much to me that you came to visit. Leave a comment, I love to hear from you.